Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cleaning a very dirty oven!







Recently I had tremendous success cleaning one extremely dirty oven, with my bare hands, using the Norwex Oven and Grill Cleaner. There were no nasty fumes or caustic chemicals. The enzymes in the Cleaner simply dissolved the burned-on gunk.

To start, I warmed up the oven slightly and turned it off. I sprayed on the Oven Cleaner, let it set for 5 minutes, and then wiped it clean with my Spirisponge and Enviro Cloth. I never had to scrub. On the particularly caked-on areas I repeated the procedure. That's all there was to it!

I took pictures as I went along. Seeing is believing, right? You can see what it looked like to start (yuck!) and when I was finished. You'll notice the window is so clean you can see right through it to the floor beneath.

Is this cool or what?


4 comments:

  1. That is one dirty oven...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stuff is truly AMAZING! I hate cleaning my oven because I don't want to expose my kids to the fumes, so I put it off and put it off...

    I recently tried Norwex Oven Cleaner is such great stuff! It is so benign and yet so incredibly powerful. My oven was as bad as this one when I used it and it is now just as clean and shiny. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've got some fun ones coming shortly - I just cleaned the corner of a very dirty bathtub. I am just amazed at how easy it is to do. Just wipe it clean after the enzymes do their work. And none of the icky caustic stuff to deal with.

    ReplyDelete